Why Schedule Engagement Photos & Bridal Portraits? | Northern VA Wedding Photographer
Many couples opt to schedule a photo session or two with their chosen photographer prior to the wedding day. Typically these sessions are for engagement and/or bridal portraits.
Engagement photos feature the couple together having fun and showing off that beautiful ring! These can be formal or relaxed in nature.
Bridal portraits are captured during a special session just for the bride. These are often scheduled on the day of her hair and make-up trial, and allow plenty of time for gorgeous images of the bride by herself.
Engagement and bridal photo sessions are a wonderful compliment to your wedding images. Here are a few reasons to schedule a session or two:
1. An engagement and/or bridal session will allow you to get comfortable with your photographer. Being in front of the camera before your big day gives you a chance to chat with your photographer and get to know what to expect when working with them. Then, on your wedding day, it feels like you have another friend by your side.
2. Scheduling an engagement session gives you a chance to practice posing. This will help you to feel more relaxed and confident in front of the camera. You and your fiancé will already know what works well and looks good before your big day. You will also have an idea of the prompts your photographer uses and how they guide you through the session.
3. Bridal portraits are a great way to free up a bit of time on the wedding day. It allows the bride to be more relaxed prior to the ceremony. She can enjoy her photos with the bridesmaids without posing for a full session on her own too.
4. Engagement photos are perfect to use for an engagement announcement, wedding website, social media posts, and even decor at the wedding. Guests love to see the bride and groom looking happy and relaxed together.
5. A bridal portrait session can allow the bride to add in some special items and be creative with the photos. Time can be tight on the wedding day and adding these in ahead of time can be especially fun if the bride has something sentimental to include (such as a custom jacket or meaningful gift from Mom and Dad) or wants to try out a cool, new location.
Be sure to chat with your wedding photographer about scheduling one or more sessions before your wedding day. It is a great way to get beautiful images and enjoy the portrait portions of your special day even more!